Thursday, September 29, 2011

sepTUNESber, day twenty-nine

almost done...
where did this month go??

day twenty-nine
"A Song from Your Childhood"

man, this is a hard one, too!!

as per usual, here are a few of my faves with some 
back stories for each just for fun! :)
---
when i was little and my parents were in charge of the radio we listened to 
Fox 97 (anyone else out there?!).
the oldies station.
and i loved it!
so much good music from the 50s, 60s and 70s!


i just always loved this song and thought it was so funny.
The Searchers - Love Potion Number Nine
(originally by The Clovers)


this one frequented our boom box and had many a dance routine made up to it whenever my sister and i visited my cousin ashlei...
they were a lot older than me, so i just took directions and played along and felt cool. :)

The Supremes - Stop! In the Name of Love

---

these girls reigned supreme of recess when i was in 
late elementary school years. 
seriously, what young girl didn't have this song memorized?!

Spice Girls - Tell Me What You Want

---
to say this was my favorite "band" in middle school and high school would somehow be an understatement.
i myself, along with a bajillion other screaming girls, was obsessed with these boys. 
you already know about my love for j.t.,
(which started back when he was on the mickey mouse club!)
but i really did love all of them...
as group...
singing and dancing so, freaking awesomely.

my dad bought me tickets to their no strings attached concert for my 15 birthday. the concert was on my actual birthday, which made it even awesomer. 
and when i asked torie to come with me, knowing she was a 98degrees fan,
 i was nervous, but hopeful. 
she, of course, said yes.
and that my friends is what took our friendship to the next level.
so not only did these boys provide us with 
superb harmonies and mesmerizing choreography.
they gave me my best friend.
deep, i know.

*NSYNC - Bye, Bye, Bye
(why, yes. i do know all the choreography to this song and many others. don't judge.)

i also met the hubs thanks to *NSYNC.
my friend brittany told me i needed to meet this hot guy who knew all the dances like me.

yup. you heard that right.
my husband knows *NSYNC choreography. 
he won front row *NSYNC tickets from a 
95.5 the Beat dance competition.
he was the joey of the group. :)
and being the nice guy he is he gave them away to some of his other friends because he already had 5th row tickets.
such a gentleman...

anyway...can you blame me for falling in love and marrying the only man i knew other than these boys to dance and love *NSYNC as much as i did.
no, you cannot.

one more day y'all.
see you tomorrow!!



No comments:

Post a Comment