Tuesday, September 6, 2011

sepTUNESber, day six

so today's song choice is difficult for me because i find it hard to focus on a place without focusing on any people, too. 
but i'm going to do my best.

day six
"A Song that Reminds You of Somewhere"

like i said, it's hard to think of a place without directly connecting it to a person.

cases in point:

this song reminds me of a trip to destin, fl 
with our amazing friends the montgomery's...
but i don't think the song would be all that special without having the memory of brandon dancing with the friends first.

or this song reminds me of my first kiss. (saving the details!)
but again, not special without the hubs. :-)
(yes i've only kissed one person, yes it's my husband,
and no i don't worry about it and/or regret it.)

or this song reminds me of living in dunwoody, but the other warm fuzzies attached to it are when i went back to dance again and when we first found out we were pregnant with lincoln.

or on the flip side of things, this song and this song both make me thing of the same place, but for very different reasons!

all that to say...i think it's almost impossible to pick one song that reminds you of one place. period.

so i will pick my favorite of all of them.

this cd was a fave of mine and graham's (and still is) when we were just married and living in our first home.
our townhome.
there's a lot of memories in that place!
including a bachelorette party,
a flood,
graham's 21 birthday,
new year's eve,
our first real fight,
and our first real make-up from that fight that assured us we were going to make it.

so without further ado...

Fallout Boy - Sugar, We're Going Down


happy tuesday, y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment