Thursday, September 15, 2011

sepTUNESber, day fifteen

good evening, fine people of the interwebs.


day fifteen
"A Song That Describes You"

this song i hold near and dear to my heart.
i've had a lot of people in my life try to tell me who to be,
how to be, and when to be.

and for years i tried to please everyone,
just smile and be nice.

then i realized, i could be nice, but also true to myself.

that, my friends, is the only way to live, if you ask me.
i got to this point just in the last three years and it has truly set me free.

this song isn't for any one person in particular.
rather representing different groups of people that have tried to mold me into what they think i should be.
and it doesn't come from any place of bitterness or anger.
i just think this song describes the most recent me.
the me that has grown into her big girl underpants
 and ain't afraid to let everybody know it.

and to all those people i say this.

Sara Bareilles - King of Anything







No comments:

Post a Comment