Monday, September 5, 2011

sepTUNESber, day five

today is a fun one!
aaaand another multi-post day.

day five
"A Song That Reminds You of Someone"

so...since this is a pretty broad statement,
(someone. anyone. everyone!)
i picked two very special people. 
let's start off with the youngest, shall we?

linc the stink.
my flee year old.
(that's 3 in linc speak)
he is so. freaking. awesome.
this kid has great taste in music, in my opinion, and it would seem that he holds a high regard for music just like me.
in fact, lincoln is so much like me it's almost scary...almost.

his likes, dislikes, mannerisms, everything is like me.
it's actually been quite helpful.

when lincoln was only 3 months old he hated riding in the car, 
and it was obvious.
he would scream at the top of his lungs and i couldn't blame him because 
i get car sick easily, too.

but then we realized that anytime this specific song came on he'd stop crying.
he'd be crying, crying, crying...put this song on and
BAM! happy baby.
so what did we do?
put it on repeat, obviously.
so what is this song you ask? 
barney? veggie tales? sesame street?
no, no, no.
his taste in music is so awesome, his favorite song was/is:

Jason Mraz - I'm Yours


my kid is amazing
that right there shows there's no denying it.
anybody could listen to that on repeat.

----

my second person is my wonderful sister 
and brings back an amazing memory.

now when we were kids, growing up together, we didn't always get along.
we're very different people and are still to this day, but when we were younger we weren't like most sisters.
best friends, inseparable.
but i'd like to think we've gotten closer over the years and this song is one of the reasons why.

when i was eighteen and my sister twenty-one, my parents gave us a trip to disneyland for christmas.
we were super excited, despite our ages, and happily 
packed up for the trip.

our parents let us drive separately from them,
 (thank goodness!) 
and we enjoyed each other's company the whole drive down to orlando.
and if she hasn't guessed it by now i'd be surprised, 
but we had the time of our lives shouting this song at the top of our lungs. 
windows down. sun shining. care free.

(sidenote: this was during that break with graham that i talked about yesterday, day four. so this song was doubly... memoryful...? 
but mostly just makes me think of happy times with my sister!)


Dashboard Confessional - 
Screaming Infidelities




oh, nostalgia.

happy labor day, everybody!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment