Sunday, September 8, 2013

lately.


So, I've been in sort of a funk.
Stuck.

I feel like I've had so much going on in my brain and I've tried so many times to sit down and write that I've lost count, but it just comes out all jumbled up and rambling on.

This post might come off that way as well, but I have been feeling the urge to try and write again.
Despite my crazy, jumbly up brain.

There has definitely been a lot going on lately...
Quinn's birthday is coming up on the 11th, but we celebrated early at the lake over Labor Day Weekend.
I'm that mom who HAS to give her kids a party...but I'm just so tired and uncomfortable that the thought of planning one was exhausting. So I took the easy route and just did it up big while we were already down there with family.
I just bought generic decorations at the party store, so all I had to really put any effort into was his shirt and the cupcakes...
which were both the easiest things ever! 
High fives for me! But the best part is
I think he really enjoyed it and felt special.

He wanted a "Mike Wazowski Monster Party":)

Sibling Love :)

We have a new tradition too of going to the mall for play and lunch and going on the Merry Go 'Round for birthdays. Plus we'll let him pick where we eat dinner that night,
 (he'll most likely pick Chick-fil-a because he's original like that) 
so I'm not too worried about him feeling "forgotten about" in the midst of all this baby drama.

Speaking of baby drama...
I got a stubborn baby boy in here who's 
not turning head down.
At 37 weeks and roughly 8lbs 
this isn't the most ideal situation to be in...
We're doing everything we can at home to encourage him to turn and we meet with our OB on Thursday to kind of 
talk about our options. 
It's hard to birth a baby the natural way if their head is in your side so...
who knows what's going to happen.
Overall, I'm ok with it all. 
I'm much more go with the flow this time around than I have been in the past. If there's anything I can do to avoid a 
c-section and medicine, trust me I'll do it, but at this point it kinda feels out of my hands.
I've been stressing, and working, and trying so hard to turn him down and I just realized the other day it's ultimately up to him. There's some crazy reason why he hasn't turned and I'm ok with that. Baby's are way smarter than we give them credit for. So I'm just going to try and trust him, and make the best, most educated decisions I can...probably while crying the whole time because my hormones are crazy out of control, but ya know...I'll be sobbing happy tears I guess.

I'm really looking forward to fall...
I usually go through a phase like this every year, but this year the longing is for reals. For. REALS.
I'm just ready for cooler weather, annnnd most of all not being pregnant. It's no secret this pregnancy has been hard, and I feel like there's still so much of it to come (not knowing what the heck this baby is going to do or how he will make his way into this crazy world), so I'm just taking it day by day and look forward to when he finally gets here and we can enjoy pumpkin-y things, chubby newborn legs, trick or treating, and so much more this season has to offer us...

We bought our first baby pumpkins at the farmers market...
unbelievably cute. :)


I'll be trying to update more, and you know of course I'll post when he comes and a birth story and all of that jazz...thanks for being patient with me friends. :) 


xoxo,
Heather




No comments:

Post a Comment