Tuesday, September 24, 2013

tasty tuesday's: Crockpot Peach Chipotle Chicken

This is not a paleo recipe.

I know, I know...
but I'll just be honest and say that laziness has gotten the best of me lately.
So I've been cooking mostly primal/gluten free recipes in the crockpot because...well, I'm just tired.

This recipe was particularly delicious so I thought I'd share it with you all! I found it on pinterest, (obvi!) and the original creator of this recipe was Heidi over at thefrugalgirls.com.

I did change a couple of things, but it's mostly the same and super easy and cheap!



What you need:
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breast 
*I used thighs and they were awesome*
- 1 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipotle BBQ sauce
- 1 jar of Smucker's Peach preserves (18 oz)
*the first ingredient in smucker's is high fructose corn syrup, so i used Polaner's Peach preserves. I got two jars at 10 oz and used both jars*

I used two of these! 


What you do:
- Cook the chicken on high for 3 hours (I only did about 2.5 hrs because thighs are smaller than breast)
- Drain the juices from the crockpot
*Do this step! It makes for a thicker sauce*
- Mix together BBQ sauce and preserves and then pour it over the chicken.
- Let them keep cooking on high together for about 30 more minutes.

After that you're done!
Easy, right?

I was unsure of what to pair with it because I had no clue what kind of flavor to expect, so we just ate it over rice.
It was scrumptious! And reheated so well for lunch the next couple of days. 

She has a few more pairings that look good, so definitely head over there and check it out...
they look so yummy and easy!
I'll be trying the Orange Chicken next! :)

xoxo, 
Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment