Thursday, March 3, 2011

life lately...

...so I'm writing this as an overall update for life right now...Quinn and Lincoln have been doing wonderfully....both talking a lot more and growing like weeds. I've found that they are much more managable when they've had some time in the great outdoors, so we've been doing the park and deck and walks much more since the weather has been nice. Which speaking of, this weather has been awesome! Not too hot, not too cold....but just right. Makes my heart sing, really. Here are a couple of pics of the boys being, well, themselves....


This is Quinny peeking through the seats in the back of the minivan. :) 
Does it get any cuter? I mean, honestly. 

This is another, "typical Quinn". He had just faceplanted into a pile of rocks at the dog park, but went totally unphased. He was just SO happy to be outside! 
We call this one Scarface.


This is Linc the Stink being his usual self as of late. Super silly and totally a "kid". 
Notice he's naked in both of these pictures...it's because he constantly asks, "May I, be nakers please?"
How can you deny those manners and that face? Perfection. Love it.

Daddy and Linc being silly together. I love this one. :)

  ...We've only got about 6-8 weeks left until we meet the baby girl one. Cora will hopefully be gracing us with her presence sooner rather than later, so that daddy isn't too stressed during finals...too bad she dictates when she comes! ;) She's super healthy and not really in the greatest position as of late, but we know everything will be great. We went on our hospital tour last night at Atlanta Medical Center, and loved it. We are super excited to be sharing our birth with Intown Midwifery (I'd be happy with any of the three midwives I've been meeting with) and I can't wait to share this birth story with all of you! I think it's going to be fantastic.

   I  need to go ahead and apologize for not posting any "tasty tuesday's". Here's the deal....in the last month or so we've kind of self diagnosed Quinn with Celiac Disease. (click on the link if you'd like to read some more) And the only cure/treatment for this disease right now is going gluten free. So needless to say, we've had a lot of dietary changes going on lately. Between Graham and I doing the slow-carb diet and Quinn going gluten free and Lincoln being a picky soon-to-be three year old kind of eater....let's just say meal times have been a little bit stressful. My meal planning has gone out the window and I'm at the point now where I'm making anywhere from 2 to 4 different meals a night or we're having a standard protein/whole food/produce type of meal....nothing too exciting about grilled chicken and corn, if you ask me! I'm definitely not complaining, because the differences we've seen in Quinn since going gluten free and the differences Graham and I have seen since going to slow-carbs have been totally worth it. This is just me explaining why I haven't posted any new recipes or actually even thought to be posting any at all. It's just kind of crazy right now! So I hope you will forgive me and have some patience with me. As I learn new recipes that are gluten free and delicious I will definitely be posting them....thanks for hanging in there with me. :)

    Well, I think that's about it. Not too much more going on here. Hope you all have been well! Happy early Spring, everybody! 



No comments:

Post a Comment