Tuesday, November 16, 2010

tasty tuesday

Hello everyone! Well, I'm back this week after skipping last week because things were kind of crazy 'round here. We moved a little over a week ago now into an apartment in Decatur and so far we are LOVING it. So...since I didn't post anything last week I thought this week I would post a regular recipe and an appetizer as a consolation. Hope you enjoy!

Corn Dip
 I got this recipe from my friend Jenny Shane. It is delicious. Seriously, it's so delicious you won't even believe it.

  What you need:
  1 can mexicorn
  1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
  3/4 cups mayonaise
  jar of jalepenos

  What you do:
  Chop up as many jalepenos as you'd like. If you like it spicier add more, if you don't add less. Combine all the ingredients in a 1 or 2 quart dish and bake for about 15-30 minutes at 350. Really just bake it until it's bubbling and looks delicious! If you are making this for a crowd I would suggest doubling it. It'll go fast if you only bring this much and you don't want to make any enemies over corn dip. Trust me.

Brunswick Stew
  This recipe is from one of my mom's good friends, Ms. Cece. I have lots of recipes from her so you'll probably see her name around here again. This is a great recipe for feeding a large group...or to make and have leftovers for days...or for freezing. Gotta love the options!

   What you need:
   2 large cans of BBQ pork (the pre-made kind, or I just buy the tubs of it located next to the hot dogs, ya know what I mean?)
   2 large cans of BBQ beef (same as above)
   1 large can white chunk chicken
   1 large can diced tomatoes
   1/2 cup ketchup
   1 small can kernel corn
   1 can creamed corn
   1/2 - 1 bottle of BBQ sauce (any brand you like, use as much as you'd like)

   What you do:
    Literally just dump everything in the crockpot and forget it! It helps to stir it some, but it's best to cook it all day and don't mess with it. You can also cook it for 4-6 hours if you're short on time because all the ingredients are pre-cooked, so there are no worries about anything being undercooked. Seriously, this is the easiest recipe you'll ever make. Oh, and it's delicious with corn bread.

See you all next week....hope you have some delicious meals between now and then!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you posted the corn dip recipe!!!! The more people know, the happier the world will be! :)

    ReplyDelete