Tuesday, November 16, 2010

home, sweet home.

  Big changes happened for the Lutz family this past week and I'm here to share some of it with you. We moved from a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom ranch house, to a 2 bedroom/1 bathroom apartment on the second floor. Needless to say it has it's challenges at times, but so far city life is proving to be the best decision yet.
  Lincoln and Quinn have found sharing a room to be quite fun, a little too much fun in fact at bedtime so we're still working out a good sleep schedule, but all in all they have adjusted wonderfully. They enjoy getting to go up an down the stairs regularly and getting more fresh air. We are super close to all sorts of shops and restaurants and an awesome dog park, so we've really benefited from being able to walk most places and I think the boys have really enjoyed this.
  Being closer to school and work for Graham has really been the biggest benefit for me. I feel like we're getting a lot more husband/daddy quality time and for that I am VERY thankful! I mean, I didn't marry this man and have his babies so I wouldn't ever have to see him now did i? Nope, I didn't. But, I'm sure you've all skipped down to the pictures anyway so I'll just get on with it then. ;) It's all still a work in progress with lots of decorating (and couch getting) to be done, so I'll keep updating regularly!

This is the living room, from the viewpoint of the kitchen.


My adorable kitchen.


Now, I know nobody likes bathroom pictures and you can't take a good bathroom picture to save your life, but I just had to show this amazing 60s pink and purple tile job. It's priceless. :)


The living room into the kitchen.


I'm finding that organization is key to living in small spaces. We found an awesome bench and hooks and made a sort of station for coats and shoes and things. I love it.


And lastly, one of my favorite parts of the whole house....is my kitchen sink. I know it doesn't sound very exciting, but I tend to spend a lot of time there so I might as well love it. I love the old cabinets, and the hooks Graham put up for my coffee mugs,  I put up all different types of knobs on the cabinets in stead of the original hardware and my cute little shelf for my agave nectar, honey,
butter bell and chia seeds. What more could a granola girl need?


   Like I said, I'll definitely keep updating as we add new touches and get the bedrooms done, but these were just to tie you over for now. ;) Hope you enjoyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment